These Healthy Salted Caramel Oatmeal Bars provide the perfect sweet and salty morning snack! These bars are refined sugar free and made with just a few ingredients. Perfect to keep on hand in the fridge!
When it comes to flavor combinations, sweet and salty takes the cake for me, every time! I'm always trying to think of quick and easily accessible breakfast ideas to have stashed in my refrigerator. As a night shift RN, sometimes having something that I can grab to munch on as I drive to work is essential.
Lately, I've really been digging these salted caramel oatmeal bars and have decided that it's definitely time that I share them with you guys! These bars come together with a handful of simple ingredients, are healthy and oh-so-yummy.
The Healthy Date Caramel Sauce is definitely the star of the show here. It's made from simple ingredients including dates and sugar free maple syrup. The best thing about this caramel sauce is that it is refined sugar free, yet still so versatile in many recipes!
I've used this caramel sauce as a fruit dip, in my Healthy British Flapjacks recipe, and now for these salted caramel bars!
- Oats - I used old fashioned oats for this recipe. However, quick cook oats (not instant) will work just great also.
- Healthy Date Caramel Sauce - yumminess. 😍
- Sweetener - you may use any sweetener of choice. My recurring sweetener of choice is Lakanto. I feel as if it tastes the closest to sugar and can be subbed in recipes at a 1:1 ratio.
- Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- Margarine - I like to use Blue Bonnet or Imperial brand
- Almond Milk
- Egg Whites
- Baking Powder
- All Purpose Flour
- Sea Salt - I highly recommend using a coarse sea salt for this recipe. Not only does it provide a more bold flavor contrast, it is also more aesthetically pleasing 😉
- In a medium bowl, microwave the margarine for 10-15 seconds until softened. Whisk in the sweetener, egg whites and almond milk.
- Add in the oats, maple syrup, flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Spread out the oatmeal mixture evenly. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Top with date caramel sauce and sprinkle with sea salt flakes. Cut into 12 even pieces. Enjoy!
Add-ins and storage
Feel free to add in sugar free chocolate chips, nuts, or even dried fruits like raisins and cranberries to take these to the next level!
To store in the refrigerator, lay bars flat in an airtight container (try not to layer them) and consume within 1 week.